Tuesday, February 14, 2006

FIRST TRIP 6: Ano ka, hilo?!

I don’t have fainting spells. I don’t faint at all. I almost fainted only once in my life. And it was all Lukring’s fault.

Lukring who?

The mother on TV’s Ober da Bakod, that’s who. And the actress who played her literally took my breath away. (And that was before she came to be known as Dugong!)

There I was, minding my own business, and happily learning how to ride a bike in Baguio when I found my way blocked by a slow-moving horse on whose rump Lukring was perched like a queen. She was actually at the tailend of a convoy of horses and I couldn’t overtake properly lest I get sideswiped by oncoming traffic.

The road snaked uphill towards Teacher’s Camp and, when an opening presented itself, I pedaled like crazy and overtook the horde of noisy vacationers that included Lukring. It was truly a valiant effort, I tell you. In my mad scramble to overtake them, I must have pulled a muscle in my thighs (they hurt like hell!) and my lungs were just about ready to burst!

When I reached the top of the hill, I was seeing stars! The pine trees seemed to spin all around my head and I was like falling, falling, falling. Toink! I fell on the ground like a sack of potatoes, just about ready to vomit. Aaaaargh!

I spun in outer space for like a full five minutes. And all the while, the convoy of horses passed one by one, wondering perhaps why I was sleeping on the muddy roadside.

Nahilo lang po.


Horseback riding in Baguio
Image hosting by Photobucket

Lukring turned Dugong (aka Malu de Guzman)
Image hosting by Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger jory said...

kung si dugong gyud ako makita sa baguio, makuyapan gyud siguro ko... hadlok kaayo siya nawong... hahaha!!!

happy valentines kuya miki!

2/14/06, 2:06 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

so paano ang arrangement for valentine?
pre- or post-???
nyahahahaha!!!

2/15/06, 1:21 PM  
Blogger jory said...

BOTH. hahaha!!!! hahaha!!!! hahaha!!!

dapat gyud naay pre ug post para mas exciting... nyahahaha!!!

2/15/06, 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

2/23/07, 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home