Sunday, December 24, 2006

BAD TRIP 11: Out of the mouths of babes....

My six-year-old niece went up to me and asked: “Tito Miki, ano ang trabaho mo?”

I was stumped. How do you explain to a six-year-old that I am in fact in community development work? If I had been a doctor, lawyer, engineer, or teacher, things would have been simpler.

Caught unprepared, I mumbled rather vaguely: “Ah, kuwan… tumutulong ako sa mga mahihirap!”

Bwelta ang bolinggit: “Bakit?”

Ako: “Para gumanda ang buhay nila. Para sila yumaman.”

Bolinggit: “Eh bakit ikaw, hindi?”

Oo nga naman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids say the darnest things... hehehe. malipayong pasko kuya miks... bf is here in cebu. hehehe... finally. :)

12/26/06, 9:51 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

ayos! blooming ang kends
hoy, alam ba yan ng parents mo?
bwehehehehe

btw, i loved that bill cosby show

12/26/06, 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home