Friday, June 10, 2005

SIDE TRIP 14: Chennai, India

OF ARMPITS AND HEAVENLY SCENTS

The first thing to assault me on landing in Chennai, India is the smell.

Uh... OK, I am being polite. What I really mean is the foul, stinking stench emanating from I don't know where and which permeates the entire airport. Aaaaargh!!! Perhaps it is because the building is rather dilapidated and lacks proper ventilation. Or perhaps it is because it is my first time to be right smack in the middle of a throng of sweaty "bombays" on a hot and humid evening. Either way, the smell is overpowering!

B.O. nothwithstanding, I swear I am going to enjoy my first taste of India. The Taj Mahal may be far from where I am now but I'm sure there are a lot of other interesting temples and scenes to boggle the senses.

Madras (old name of Chennai), here I come!

MADURAI TEMPLE
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

TENEMENTS IN CHENNAI, INDIA
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

India is a multiracial and multi ethnic nation, have you visited Mizoram and Nagaland in the north eastern provinces of India ? they are just like filipinos in their appearance and facial features, and follow Christianity.

5/29/07, 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home