Monday, July 11, 2005

FOOD TRIP 3: Simple Pleasures

it was hot inside the packed bus
i could feel sweat forming under my armpits. aaaargh!
served me right for forgetting to pay the bill on time
now I had to go to meralco balintawak to do it.

one of the two men behind me was telling the other
about how he had to get an advance
at the factory where he worked
to tide him over the rest of the week

with the money he got, he said he bought a hamburger
“ang sarap-sarap ng hamburger, pare!
bumili nga ako ng isa pa eh!”
even if I couldn’t see his face
i knew he’s the most satisfied man at that moment.

i envied him.

often I eat at nice restaurants
and I don’t even notice what I eat

often, we take for granted
what others had to scrimp hard for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one kuya miks!!!! simple but true... we often forget the importance of what we have... we seem to neglect the value...

-gharyjohn

7/11/05, 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For richer or poorer miki, you are still lucky :)

you have a nice site mate

7/11/05, 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home