Friday, July 08, 2005

FIRST TRIP 3: Daddy's Little Girl

My little princess goes to kindergarten
And every morning before I leave for the office
I walk with her to school a block away from home

The feel of her tiny fingers clasped in mine
As we dodge cars in the early morning rush
Gives me such a thrill and the adrenalin
to get me through the rest of the day.

I love these short "alone" times with her
She'd tell me stories of her days in class
Or she'd sing me a song she learned the day before
By the time we reach the school ten minutes later
I am always sad at having to let her go and be on my way.

(I dread the day she's going to ask me
If she can start having a boyfriend. Aaaaaaargh!!!!)

THE LITTLE PRINCESS
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this kuya miks... you're a loving father to your little princess... siguro, you will dread more when the day comes she will tell you na itutuloy na niya ang pagiging single parent niya... hihihi!!!!

-your loyal and avid reader

7/8/05, 10:47 AM  
Blogger Ladynred said...

What a nice poem, very sweet too. It shows how much you love your daughter. I'm sure you are a good father.

7/8/05, 11:28 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

hi ghary and ladynred,

uuuy, daghang salamat!
actually, ramblings ra to
rather than poem, heheh

but yes, i am crazy about her
i guess like any other dad

miki

7/8/05, 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang cute ng little princess mo!!!! ngayon ko lang nakita na may pic na pala...

-gharyjohn

7/11/05, 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute girl. Wondering how is it fathering an inquisitive little princess. I came across this poem that gave me a feel of a father fo a moment.

...I've witnessed the miracle of your birth.
I've seen your smile, felt your anger,
Shared your pain, wiped away your tears.
There is nothing more precious to me on all the earth
than the sound of your voice, one of your hugs, or
"I love you, Daddy" whispered in my ear.
You will never know how much you have taught me about life
As I've loved you through the years.

Someday a young man will come to steal your heart from me,
To share his hopes, his dreams, his life.
This is only natural, it's God's intended plan.
He only gave you to me for a little while, and
Now I understand that when I was young, and
I had dreams, all of them came true
The day you were born, when I held you in my arms, and
I knew Daddy's little girl was you.
by Pat Canuteson

7/11/05, 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home