Thursday, June 23, 2005

BAD TRIP 2: Ay, T!

I did not lose my cellphone afterall. Bwahaha!!!

This morning while cleaning out my cabinet under the stairs, I found the cellphone I thought I lost last May while out drinking with friends. Eh?! What kind of stupidity is this?

On that fateful night, my best friend from Baguio came for a visit and so we thought it was as good a time as any to get ourselves drunk. Dead drunk. And what better poison to do it with than Colt 45? So we stationed ourselves at Bamboo City in Cubao where beer is cheap and pulutan is plentiful. Whoa, Colt 45 does throw a mean punch; I was feeling groggy after just three bottles. And since my good friend Ric lived nearby (yes, MP Rico Acosta, bow!), I asked him to join us because I also wanted him to meet my best friend.

To cut the story short, all three of us were drunk by 1:30am. And as is customary with drunks, we were feeling more boisterous than usual and decided to move to Padi’s Point for yet another round of Colt 45s. Ric surrendered first (his lovey-dovey was already looking for him, bwehehe) and left for home by 2:00am. At 2:30am, I took out my cellphone from my backpack to answer a text message from the missus (do I have plans of going home at all?). I texted back “yes, we’re going home now”. Truth to tell, I couldn’t remember how my best friend and I managed to get home.

In the morning when I checked my backpack, the cellphone was gone! Waaah!!! Must have left it at Padi’s. I actually have a very bad record with phones, having lost three units in less than a year. There goes the fourth one, I thought. Bye bye.

Or so I thought -- until this morning, exactly six months later. The long weekend inspired me to clean out my cabinet under the stairs and ta-daaa! There was the damned cellphone, buried among all the other junks that needed sorting! How the f*ck did that happen?

Talk about being constantly on guard. My wife and I have had a few spats over cellphone messages so I usually “hide” it in the cabinet under the stairs at night so she couldn’t find it should she think of sneaking up on me and having a peek at the messages. I knew she checks on my phone sometimes.

So on the night that I was drunk, by sheer force of habit I must have put the phone inside the cabinet. I don’t remember doing it. And with the things in there in shambles, I didn’t find the phone at once. Stupid.

Why am I telling you all this?

Wala lang. I’m sure there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere, heheh. Go figure.

Miki

PS: Incidentally, the last text message that registered on the unit (before I asked Globe to cut the line) came from Ric’s lalabs. Sent on 05.28.2004 at 08:12:49, it read:

“Hoy! Gud am. Lasingan yta kau kgbi. Madaling araw n nkauwi c ric”.

Sinabi mo.

And sorry I didn’t text back, buddy. I got it six months later.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kuya miks!!! ngano man lagi itago-itago ang cellphone? tan-awa nanago na hinoon siya ug iyaha... hahaha!!!

rich kaayo ka kuya miki kay gapanghatag man ka ug cellphone 4 times a year... hahaha!!!!

gharyjohn

6/23/05, 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home