Sunday, June 19, 2005

FIRST TRIP 1: Sri Lanka

GANDA NG LOLA MO

I was at the Bandaranaike International Airport a little past midnight and valiantly struggling to stay awake when - lo and behold - an apparition almost made me fall out of my seat! And what might that be, pray tell? A plane? No. A bird? No.

It's.... Darna! :p

Picture a small wiry guy with ebony face and plucked eyebrows, puckered lips glistening with pink lipstick, hips a-swaying as he sashayed down the aisle, wrists limp and fingers arched delicately.

Ta-daaa! Presenting the first-ever effiminate Sri Lankan I saw in my life! I almost choked. I knew there must be a gay community in Sri Lanka but they were invisible. In all the times that I'd been going back and forth to this tiny island nation on the Indian Ocean, I haven't ever seen an overtly gay person. Until now.

At mataray ang lola. Wa sya paki even if all the passengers at the pre-departure area were gaping at him with knowing grins on their faces.

Go girl!


BANDARANAIKE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

SRI LANKA AIRLINES
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

PRE-DEPARTURE AREA
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one kuya miki!!!! i like the pic in your logo... tampo lang ako kasi wala akong doll... dapat gumawa ka na lang ng vodoo doll na inspired sa effiminate na sri lankan na nakita mo... hahaha!!! ingat po! God bless!

-gharyjohn

6/20/05, 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home