Saturday, June 18, 2005

SIDE TRIP 18: Singapore

Persons born in September are supposed to be control freaks. They like order, organization, things in their proper places.

Like me. Like Singapore.

Here you can't spit, chew gums, or do a whole lot of things that are otherwise perfectly normal in our dear Motherland. They have restrictions on every conceivable deed, taking a seemingly perverse pleasure in telling people off: you can't do this, you can't do that.

(Bantay, SIT! Arf! Arf!)

But I think I will actually like living here. Everything is neat and clean, efficient, orderly. Clinical almost.

But expensive. I can't quite get over the fact that a pitcher of beer in some hokey hole-in-the-wall actually costs the equivalent of 600 pesos! Utang na loob. I'd pass out from the cost, not the alcohol.

I wonder, though, when they'd stop making robots out of their people. Now, they've made it illegal even to bring in souvenir items made out of empty bullet shells. Why??! They don't say.

Just being their usual tight-assed selves I suppose.


CHANGI AIRPORT, SINGAPORE
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

SINGAPORE NIGHT SAFARI
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ORCHARD ROAD
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home