Thursday, December 13, 2007

HAPPY TRIP 10: Tickled Pink

My heart leapt when I opened Fence’s blog this morning and found this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Waw, I am preening like a peacock. Can’t help it. Can’t stop smiling. From ear to ear. :)

Fence is starting what he calls Link Worthy Blogs where he will be featuring blogs that fit his idea of the “lofty and the beautiful” hehehehe. For the inaugural, I’m “it”. Tenks bai!

And yes, Fence, being featured is a reward in itself.

-----------------

Here’s the full text (sorry, I am a techno-retard and don’t know how to do hyperlinks heheh):

Link Worthy Blog #1 - Miki Monster
at Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You don't have to finish the entire jar of jam to know if it is good. A slight finger dip and a quick slurp will do. And so it is with Miki's blog. He had me with his wiggling butt. Kidding. Miki writes in the exact way that I believe things should be written. Light, engaging, and with a steady hint of humor.

Anyone can write ornate sentences. And sadly, a lot of folks mistakingly believe that using flowery words will help their causes. Nothing exposes a sentence's insecurities more than when the writer hides behind big words. Simplicity, in my opinion is still the biggest gauge of a person's mastery of a language. Something that I think Miki has in spades.

Ever wondered why it's so easy reading Miki? How your eyes glide effortlessly from one word to the next? That's simplicity at play right there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miki said...

tenkyu tenkyu!
BOW! ;p

12/13/07, 8:44 PM  
Blogger Abaniko said...

I agree with what Fence said about your blog 101%. I'm a sucker for short, witty posts. :)

Blog on...

12/14/07, 8:24 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

hi abaniko! nice to see you here. fence's endorsement worked i guess hehehehe. you're also at bisayabloggers right? btw, great pics you have on your blog. i especially liked that disappearting colleague in burgos, heheh

12/14/07, 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home