Thursday, January 25, 2007

BAD TRIP 12: Of Dogs and Taxes (or, Taxes Going to the Dogs!)

I never owned a dog; I didn’t want the responsibility that went with owning one. Too much bother, I thought.

When I began living on my own I kept my stuff to the barest minimum, not wanting to be saddled with properties I’d have trouble disposing of later on when I move from place to place.

Then I found myself owning a six-hectare spread out in the boondocks, courtesy of grandparents who had the foresight of buying up properties in the old days. And with it came real property taxes. That I discovered I had to pay. Every single fucking year. Aaaaargh!!!!

In the first place, I have no confidence in this government’s capacity to use my hard-earned money with a semblance of prudence (think of fat-assed trapos) so imagine my consternation to be told I had to pay double the real property tax! The times two is supposed to go to the SEF. Special Education Fund. What bullshit is this?

Apparently, the SEF will be released to the local school boards to be allocated for the operation and maintenance of public schools, construction and repair of school buildings, facilities and equipment, educational research, purchase of books and periodicals, and sports development.

One look at the sorry state of our public schools and it tells you loud and clear where the money went.

Wanna kill that politico who stole my money!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KuyaMiki... 'wag! Maghunos-dili ka...
Bitaw, Kuya Miks. My parents were convincing me to get a piece of land somewhere out there too. Sounds good, but it's very difficult for me to part with my hard-earned pesoses when I know exactly where it will go... to the pockets of them buwayas!

1/27/07, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

hehehehe... ey ZJ, dapat lang haciendera ka na sa capiz with all your earnings out there in polpotlandia.. hehehehe

1/27/07, 3:18 PM  
Blogger Sreisaat said...

Abaw a, inugay ka gani da!
Asindera maton, indi haciendera... hehehe

1/30/07, 5:59 PM  
Blogger kendi 'ching said...

well, the heck with our government. hi-hello again kc election na naman. promises and all that.

btw, yeah...she is my lil sis. sumkinda better shrink than me. she's a violinist, aboitiz scholar, national feature writing champ and currently enrolled as an iskolar ng bayan. first year rep din at the said school. oh well. she is what i wanna be.

2/6/07, 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home